CHRISTOPH M. WAHNER, ESQ.
* Born Minnesota, 1980;
* Admitted to State Bars of California and Minnesota,U.S. District Courts for the Central, Northern and Southern Districts of California; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; U.S. Court of International Trade;
* Proctor in Admiralty, Maritime Law Association;
* Certified Mediator, Los Angeles County Bar Association Dispute Resolution Services.
* University of San Diego, Juris Doctor, 2005;
* Pepperdine University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 2001.
Participation And Membership
* Speaker, AirCargo 2013, "Panama Canal Expansion: Paradigm Shift?" Las Vegas, Nevada, March 2013;
* Speaker, International Marine Forensics Symposium, “The Capsizing of the Ro-Ro Ferry Herald of Free Enterprise and Resulting Shift in Operational Maritime Safety,” Washington, D.C., April 2012;
* Speaker, International Association of Young Lawyers Trade and Transport Symposium (aija), "Customs Calamities; Liabilities & U.S. Regulatory Procedure," Long Beach, California, October 2011;
* Speaker, National Association of Marine Surveyors (NAMS) Conference, "Spectacular Casualties; Surveyors' Relation to Legal Issues," Vancouver, BC, Canada, September 2011;
* Speaker, National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association of America, Inc. (NCBFAA) Conference, "Perilous Shipper Contracts -- Spotting & Negotiating The Exposures Without Losing The Deal," Phoenix, Arizona, April 2011 (CEU Accredited);
* Speaker, SMC³ 2010 Loss Prevention Conference -- "Claims Implications For Today's And Tomorrow's Global Supply Chain," Atlanta, Georgia, October 2010;
* Speaker, Transportation & Logistics Council, Inc. Conference - "Particular Risks And Liabilities Of Transportation Intermediaries And Carriers," St. Louis, Missouri, March 2009;
* U.S. Maritime Law Association Model Local Admiralty Rules (MLAR) Working Group, 2007;
* Presented paper "Controlling Alien Species Transfer in Ballast Water-the Development of Legislation from Regional Damage Control to International Regulation" to University of San Diego Maritime Seminar, 2003.
* Participating attendee, International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations (FIATA) World Congress, Geneva, Switzerland, September 2009;
* Participating attendee, Panama Maritime Conference IX, February 2009, Panama City, Panama;
* Membership Maritime Law Association, American Bar Association Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section – Admiralty and Maritime Law, Phi Delta Phi, Legal Honor Fraternity.
* Second author, The Herald of Free Enterprise Casualty and Its Effect on Maritime Safety Philosophy,
Marine Technology Society Journal, November/December 2012, Vol. 46, No. 6;
* Contributing author to Geoffrey Gill's treatise Maritime Error Management; Discussing and Remediating Factors Contributory to Casualties, chapter 14 "Organizational Failure and the Ro-Ro Ferry Herald of Free Enterprise," Cornell Maritime Press, 2011;
* Author, Rights of Air Carriers Amongst Each Other are Enhanced by Ninth Circuit Ruling; A Landmark Victory for Forwarders, Forward, the Official Publication of the Airforwarders Association, Summer 2011 ediition;
* Author, From France to Norway, The Guardian, Queen Mary Steamship Foundation, Summer 1997;
* Contributing editor, SS United States: The Legendary Liner Returns Home, Titanic Commutator, Titanic Historical Society, January 1997;
* Contributing editor to The Cargo Law web portal, 2005 - present.
* Chubb Ins. Co. of Europe S.A. v. Menlo Worldwide Forwarding, Inc., 643 F.3d 1023 (9th Cir. 2011).
* International Transportation & Trade;
* Maritime Law;
* Aviation Law;
* Marine Insurance;
* Regulatory Compliance, investigation support and Penalty Mitigation;
* Commercial Litigation.