The Logistics - Customs Broker Attorneys
"Overlooking Runway 25 - Right, at Los Angeles International Airport"
The Cargo Law Network - Lawyers In The U.S. & Most Major Trading Nations
Search Engine For This Internet Portal - Find Everything You Need
Transport Reference Desk - Virtual Transport Library
The Photo Gallery of Cargo Loss - Photos & Lessons Learned
Transport Law Navigator - all air, ocean, motor & customs laws
General Reference Desk - virtual public library
TRANS CAMS © - over 380 Transport Cams, 40 Satellites, Streaming Video, Transport Sounds, Short Wave Radio & Air Traffic Control! CLICK HERE
Use The Search Engine Here:
Read the following terms and conditions carefully before continuing. By using this site, you signify your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to these terms, do not view or use this site.
* Modification and Monitoring of Website
* Copyrights and Restrictions on Use of Materials
* Limited Licenses
* Third-Party Content
* Limitation of Liability
* Jurisdictional Issues and Applicable Law
* Integration and Severability
Modification and Monitoring of Website
The Law Offices of Countryman & McDaniel, The Cargo Letter and The Cargo Law Web Site (collectively, "Cargo Law") reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these terms at any time. We suggest that you check these terms periodically for changes. The terms can be accessed from the link at the bottom of our website pages. If you use this website after we post changes to the terms, you accept the changed terms. Vanguard expressly reserves the right to monitor any and all use of this website.
Return to top
Copyrights and Restrictions on Use of Materials
Cargo Law owns and operates this site. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names displayed on this site are proprietary to Cargo Law, except as explicitly noted below under Ownership of Other Materials.
Photographs -- Use & Ownership
All photographs received by Cargo Law from readers are considiered donated as the exclusive property of Cargo Law for all purposes of use and publication. It is represented by the submitting party that he/it has all rights of ownership to the photo for purposes of donation to Cargo Law. All use or publication of photos on the Cargo Law wesite is forbidden without the explicit written permission of Cargo Law.
Other users and sites may not . . .
* Copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way material from Cargo Law's website or any website owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by Cargo Law, except as specifically stated below under Limited Licenses.
* Copy, modify, or display Cargo Law's name, logo, text, or graphic images in any way without Cargo Laws express written permission except as set forth in Limited Licenses.
* Redeliver any of the pages, text, images, or other content of Cargo Law's website using "framing" technology without Cargo Law 's express written permission.
* Modify or use the pages, text, images, or other content from Cargo Law 's website for any other purpose; doing so is a violation of Cargo Law 's copyrights and other proprietary rights.
* Use devices (including software) that are designed to provide repeated automated access to Cargo Law other than those made generally available by Cargo Law. Cargo Law reserves the right to take all measures necessary to prevent such access, including denial or termination of service.
Limited License for Individuals
Individuals may, for personal use, bookmark or point to any page within The Cargo Law website.
Limited Linking License for Other Users and Sites
Other users and sites may include a link to Cargo Law 's website . . .
* In a simple list of companies, by pointing to Cargo Law 's homepage (www.cargolaw.com) or the various features provded on our interior pages.
* In a list of companies that offers descriptions along with links, provided that such users and sites provide the following statement when linking to Vanguard's homepage: This Limited License expressly prohibits the framing of Cargo Law's content in any way or any other activity that may create a misimpression or confusion among users with respect to sponsorship or affiliation.
If you download software from Cargo Law 's website under these terms, the software&emdash;including any files, images incorporated in or generated by the software, and data accompanying the software (collectively, the "Software")&emdash;is licensed to you by Cargo Law for your personal use. However:
* Cargo Law does not transfer title to the Software to you.
* You own the medium on which the Software is recorded, but Cargo Law retains full and complete title to the Software, and all intellectual property rights therein.
* You may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to any other form whatsoever.
Ownership of Other Materials
(Revised: February 22, 1999.)
* Adobe®, Acrobat®, Acrobat® Reader, and the Acrobat logo are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
* Microsoft® and Internet Explorer are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
* Netscape Navigator® is a trademark of Netscape Communications Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Cargo Law is in no way responsible for the content of any site owned by a third party that may be linked to Cargo Law 's website via hyperlink, whether such hyperlink is provided by Cargo Law or by a third party. No judgment or warranty is made with respect to the accuracy, timeliness, or suitability of the content of any site to which Cargo Law may link, including information on the site regarding Cargo Law, and Cargo Law takes no responsibility therefor. By providing access to other websites, neither Cargo Law nor its affiliates is recommending the purchase or sale of the product or service offered by any company, nor is it endorsing services provided by any website's sponsoring organization.
Cargo Law likewise is not responsible for content that appears on Cargo Law that may be provided by a third party. For example, market data, shopping opportunites and news are provided by Reuter or any other company.; Cargo Law is not responsible for their accuracy.
* There are no implied or expressed warranties on the materials in this site; the materials are provided "as is."
* Cargo Law and its affiliates disclaim, to the fullest extent of the law, any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever relating to this service, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and noninfringement. Use of this service is at your own risk.
* Cargo Law and its affiliates intend that the information contained in this service be accurate and reliable; however, errors sometimes occur. Vanguard does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the servers that make it available are free from viruses or other harmful components.
* Cargo Law does not warrant or represent that the materials in this site are correct, accurate, or reliable. You (and not Vanguard) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction of your property or operations as a result of using this website.
* By using Cargo Law, you accept at your own risk that the Internet and online communications medium may not perform as intended despite the efforts of Cargo Law, your Internet service provider, and you.
* Reference to any law, regulation, legal procedure, or other simmilar process anywhere on this website is not a representation of suitabilty for use or current accuracy or application to any particular factual situation. Cargo Law does not provide legal advise of any kind to users of this site. All information of a legal nature on the Cargo Law web site must be carefully checked and approved by the users own professional legal advisor before it can be considered valid or useful.
* If you live in a state that does not allow disclaimers of implied warranties, our disclaimer may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
Cargo Law and its affiliates are not liable under any circumstances&emdash;including but not limited to negligence&emdash;for any special or consequential damages that may result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this site, even if Cargo Law or a Cargo Law -authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Cargo Law and its affiliates are not liable for damages or injury, including but not limited to damages or injury caused by any performance, failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of information, whether resulting, in whole or in part, from breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or otherwise. If you live in a state that does not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
In no event shall Cargo Law 's total liability to you for damages, losses, and causes of action&emdash;whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence), or otherwise&emdash;exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing Cargo Law 's site, or US$50.00, which ever is less.
Jurisdictional Issues and Applicable Law
Unless otherwise specified, Cargo Law controls and operates this site from our offices within the County of Los Angeles, State of California, United States of America.
* Cargo Law does not claim that materials in this site are appropriate or available for use in locations other than California. If you choose to access this site from other locations, you do so on your own initiative, and you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
* Software from this site is further subject to United States export controls. Software from this site may not be downloaded or otherwise exported or reexported outside the United States. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any country or territory outside of the United States.
The laws of the State of California govern these terms. If you take legal action relating to these terms, you agree to file such action only in the Courts of Los Angeles County, California, or the United States District Court for Central District of California, and you consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
Either party may terminate this agreement at any time by destroying:
* All materials obtained from any Cargo Law site.
* All related documentation, copies, and installations, whether or not made under these terms.
Cargo Law will terminate this agreement immediately without notice if, in Cargo Law's sole discretion, you fail to comply with any term or provision of this agreement. Upon termination, you must destroy all materials obtained from this or any Cargo Law site and all copies of those materials, whether or not they were made under these terms.
Integration and Severability
If any provision of these terms is deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from these terms and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
The preceding terms and conditions of use represent the entire agreement between Cargo Law and the user relating to the subject matter herein.
Return to top
Revised: December, 1998.
Back to The Freight Detective
To Search Engines
To General Reference Desk
To Transport Investigations
| Cargo law Main Page | The Freight Detective | Transport Law Navigator | Claims Calculator |
| The Freight Detective General Investigations | The Freight Detective Transport Investigations |
| The Logistics Chain | Photo Gallery of Cargo Loss | Our Staff |
| Trans-Cams | Forwarder/Broker Industry Chat & Issue Discussion Board |
| Library & Search Engine of The Cargo Letter | Bookstore |
The Law Offices of Countryman & McDaniel
Eleventh Floor LAX Airport Center
5933 West Century Boulevard
Los Angeles, California, 90045
(310) 342-6500 Voice
(310) 342-6505 Fax
to The Law Offices of Countryman & McDaniel
to The Cargo Letter